The Vacancy

Type: 2 Year Contract
Salary: Competitive
Areas: Primary – Lower Primary (1st – 3rd gr, Yr 2 – Yr 4),
Specific Curricula – IB PYP
Location: Costa Rica

1 Grade 2 PYP teacher – Jan 2021 start

  • We are looking at a maternity cover for Semester II which will then become a 2-year contract from 2021-2022 (see options below).
  • Strong preference is for  someone with PYP experience but not required for the right candidate

Must have a degree in Primary education or a related field

Must have a teaching certification for Primary teaching from your state or country

Must speak, read and write English on a professional level

Must have successful experience teaching grade 2 students preferably using the PYP curriculum

This is a top school in Latin America in the tropical paradise of Costa Rica. They will provide you with

  • a competitive salary
  • Flight allowance
  • Housing allowance
  • Professional Development
  • Insurance
  • Tuition for dependent children
  • Other benefits required by law

Agency : Webbers Ed

Contact: Mark Webber

Apllication Link:

Date posted
December 18, 2020 10:38 am
Agency details

  • Date Posted
  • December 18, 2020 10:40 am
  • Salary
  • Competitive


Are you qualified to teach in a UK, US or IB Curriculum School?

The Majority of vacancies advertised on require you to have either a US teachers license or UK qualified teacher status (QTS). Different types of International Schools look for specific qualifications depending on the curriculum they offer, UK Schools require QTS,  US Schools will need a US teachers licence and IB Schools will be mainly looking for teachers with a teaching qualification from one of the countries listed below or South Africa.

If you qualified in the UK your qualification (BEds, PGCEs, GTP,) will include training for QTS. Teachers who have qualified  from the European Economic Area, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, can apply for QTS here… It may take up to 4 months to process your application. If you’re successful, you’ll be awarded QTS or partial QTS. You won’t need further training and will be exempt from having to serve a statutory induction period. 

Teachers who do not hold a US teacher license or QTS and who qualified in countries not listed above will normally need to complete an accredited training programme to achieve QTS. If you are interested in teaching internationally more details of how you can qualify are available here… 

Details on the US teacher certification process can be found here…