The Vacancy


Job Description

PYP Music. IB. Dubai. Aug ’20

An excellent IB school in the heart of Dubai is looking for a PYP music teacher. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic school which is well established. The ideal candidate will be  an experienced music teacher, preferable with PYP experience. However, music teachers with experience in UK/US/CAN/ IRE/AUS/NZ systems are also encouraged to apply. The package is competitive for the right music teacher and includes generous professional development.


  • Tax- Free salary
  • Housing provided
  • Settling in allowance
  • Furniture allowance
  • Annual flights
  • Healthcare
  • End of contract gratuity
  • Generous CPD on offer
  • Paid holidays
  • Year round sunshine



  • Degree in music or related subject plus teaching qualification PGCE/BEd/ HdipEd/MAT
  • Keyboard and violin teaching experience required.
  • 3 years experience as a music teacher
  • Current Police background check/DBS


Date posted
April 3, 2020 7:33 pm
Agency details

  • Date Posted
  • April 3, 2020 7:34 pm
  • Salary
  • Competitive


Are you qualified to teach in a UK, US or IB Curriculum School?

The Majority of vacancies advertised on require you to have either a US teachers license or UK qualified teacher status (QTS). Different types of International Schools look for specific qualifications depending on the curriculum they offer, UK Schools require QTS,  US Schools will need a US teachers licence and IB Schools will be mainly looking for teachers with a teaching qualification from one of the countries listed below or South Africa.

If you qualified in the UK your qualification (BEds, PGCEs, GTP,) will include training for QTS. Teachers who have qualified  from the European Economic Area, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, can apply for QTS here… It may take up to 4 months to process your application. If you’re successful, you’ll be awarded QTS or partial QTS. You won’t need further training and will be exempt from having to serve a statutory induction period. 

Teachers who do not hold a US teacher license or QTS and who qualified in countries not listed above will normally need to complete an accredited training programme to achieve QTS. If you are interested in teaching internationally more details of how you can qualify are available here… 

Details on the US teacher certification process can be found here…